What requests should you submit to us?
We are happy to assist you with questions or issues that relate to the collection, analysis, and reporting of finance data and the web presence of any VP for Finance departments. Examples include:
- Problems or user access requests related to any of the applications developed by FIT (see our portfolio)
- Requests for new web applications, spreadsheets, SharePoint sites etc. to enhance the collection or reporting of finance data
- Advanced technical questions with the MicroStrategy Finance reporting (questions related to the standard reports should be directed to General Accounting)
- Requests for new MicroStrategy Finance reports that will be delivered to a broad audience
- Assistance with SCOOP and its upcoming replacement
- Website development, issues, and updates for VP for Finance departments
What requests will need to go elsewhere?
As a general rule, if your computer or standard software application such as Excel is not working properly, you need to submit a ticket to our Technical Support team. If you are interested in ways to use the software to collect information or enhance data analysis and presentation, you should come to us. If you are working with data from another business area, you might need to go to that business area.
Below is a list of requests that would fall under the responsibility of another department or support area:
- Hardware requests, desktop software issues, printing issues, access to shared drives, and questions related to security alerts (direct these requests to our Technical Support team)
- Requests related to Banner or other enterprise wide systems (contact Enterprise Systems)
- Support for software developed by another organization (see software applications we support here)
- Assistance with other data models in MicroStrategy, such as Human Resources, Foundation, or Student
- Websites not developed by Finance IT (see websites we developed here)